Wednesday, October 22, 2008

My Quiz Bowl Experience

For those who don't know, quiz bowl is where you get to use your genuis inside you - everybody is a genuis, you just have to find it. My first time was memorable. I had made the team of fifteen members quickly, composed of 7th and 8th graders, and here I am two weeks later sittting in the multi-purpose room of the school. And then i hear the glorious sound- "Hunter you're starting."
My heart started thumping. it felt louder than in the story "A tale tell Heart." I got to my seat. I was so nervous. then the first question. my hand ready to push the little red button that could make me famous. I pushed it. I answered. Correct!! I was right. Immediatly my heart swelled and I had a warm fuzzy feeling in my tummy. I felt like standing up and shouting "Yes, Yes, I have done it!" I felt great. I was not nervous anymore, I was ready.

3 comments:

Jo Jo said...

You always make me proud, Hunter. Keep up the great work. Thanks for sharing. Mom

Becky said...

congrats hunter - that's a great feeling. please share more...:)

Anonymous said...

I loved the paper your mom forwarded to me. You are an amazing writer. That only happens when you are brillant inside.

love you

mom mom